Golden pair come out on top at AVP stop
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. -- Olympic beach volleyball champions Todd Rogers and Phil Dalhausser won the AVP Nivea Tour's Santa Barbara Open for the third straight time Sunday, beating Jake Gibb and Sean Rosenthal 21-13, 21-14.
Jenny Johnson Jordan and Annett Davis won the women's title after top-seeded Misty May-Treanor and Nicole Branagh were knocked out in the semifinals.
May-Treanor, the two-time Olympic gold medalist, and new partner Branagh lost to Dianne DeNeccochea and Brittany Hochevar 22-20, 15-21, 15-13 in the semifinals.
Johnson Jordan and Davis beat DeNeccochea and Hochevar 24-22, 21-16 in the final.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Zephyr Men's USA Hockey Uppercut Navy/Red Flex Hat