Kessy-Ross win Huntington for first time
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. -- Jen Kessy and April Ross beat two-time Olympic beach volleyball gold medalist Misty May-Treanor and partner Nicole Branagh on Sunday to win the Huntington Beach Open.
Second-seeded Kessy and Ross beat top-seeded May-Treanor and Branagh, 14-21, 21-12, 15-11, in the women's final to win the event for the first time. It was their fifth AVP Tour win as a team.
May-Treanor has won the Huntington Beach Open five times, all with Kerri Walsh, who last month gave birth to her second child and hasn't played this year.
Top-seeded Todd Rogers and Phil Dalhausser won the men's bracket, defeating second-seeded Sean Scott and John Hyden, 21-16, 18-21, 15-9, in Sunday's final. It was the fourth Huntington Beach Open victory for Rogers and Dalhausser in the last five years.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's USA Hockey Demelo Red T-Shirt