Rogers, Dalhausser look to extend run
LONG BEACH, Calif. -- Olympic gold medalists Todd Rogers and Phil Dalhausser moved a step closer to winning their fifth straight tournament Saturday, as they won all three of their matches and moved into the semifinals of the AVP Nivea Tour Long Beach Open.
Rogers and Dalhausser, the tournament's top-seeded men's team, beat 16th-seeded Pedro Brazao and Joey Dykstra, 21-10, 21-18, then toppled eighth-seeded John Mayer and Matt Prosser, 21-17, 21-18.
They finished the day with a 21-18, 21-17 victory over fifth-seeded Bill Strickland and Aaron Wachtfogel to advance to the semis.
Rachel Scott and Elaine Youngs, seeded first in the women's bracket, also advanced to the semifinals.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Zephyr Men's USA Hockey Uppercut Red/Navy Flex Hat