Russia advances on point differential
Parker, the San Antonio Spurs point guard, had 23 points in Tuesday's win against Latvia.
Undefeated France secured a spot in the next round. Russia (1-2) managed to advance to the next round after Latvia beat Germany 68-62 because of a better point differential.
In Group C, world champion Spain outlasted Slovenia 90-84 after Slovenia center Erazem Lorbek hit a baseline jumper at the buzzer to force overtime. Both teams finished 2-1 in the group and move into the next round.
In Group A, Greece remained unbeaten, defeating winless Israel 106-80. Croatia advanced with an 81-71 win over Macedonia, which also advanced.
The top three teams in each group advance to the next round.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPIC BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear San Antonio Spurs Tony Parker NBA Bracelet