Andres Nocioni to skip worlds
The 76ers advised Nocioni to skip the tournament, and Nocioni confirmed Thursday he won't play.
Nocioni tells reporters that the team "exercised an option in my contract that when I get injured during national team activities they can prevent me from playing."
After an MRI exam, a team doctor recommended that Nocioni stay off the court until the start of training camp at the end of September.
Argentina opens Saturday against Germany.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPIC BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Philadelphia 76ers Carpet Tiles