Tortorella, Gordon named assistants
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Ron Wilson's coaching staff for the U.S. Olympic hockey team is complete, with the addition of assistants John Tortorella and Scott Gordon.
Wilson, the coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs, was appointed Olympic coach in April. The latest staff decisions for next year's Vancouver Games were announced Monday by USA Hockey.
Tortorella took over the Rangers late last season while Gordon was completing his first year as an NHL coach. Gordon was an assistant under Wilson on the U.S. staff at this year's world championships in Switzerland. He was a member of the 1992 Olympic team in Albertville, France.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYHOCKEY HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's New York Islanders Leader Royal Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket