Caps lead Russia's rout of Kazakhstan
Russia has won both its Group A games. Kazakhstan dropped to 0-2.
Ovechkin scored once and Semin had a goal and two assists in Tuesday's game in Cologne. Semin set up Ovechkin's goal on a power play in the 10th minute and added one of his own late in the second period.
In Group C in Mannheim, Norway beat the Czech Republic 3-2. Both teams have three points from two games. Sweden joined Russia in the second round by holding on for a 3-2 victory over France for its second victory.
Former NHL star Jaromir Jagr scored twice for the Czech Republic in a losing cause. Pal Grotnes made 44 saves for Norway, which hadn't beaten the Czechs at the Worlds or the Olympics in 73 years.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYHOCKEY HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Washington Capitals Nicklas Backstrom #19 Player Replica Red T-Shirt