Cancellara wins men's time trial, American Leipheimer third
JUYONGGUAN, China -- Fabian Cancellara of Switzerland has won gold in the Olympic men's road cycling time trial, completing the 47.3-kilometer (29.4-mile) course in 1 hour, 2 minutes, 11.43 seconds.
Caple: Riding High
With the Great Wall as a stunning backdrop, two American cyclists rallied to put the U.S. on the podium in the men's and women's time trials, Jim Caple writes. Story
The medal is the second for world champion Cancellara in Beijing. He took the bronze in the men's road race on Saturday.
Gustav Larsson of Sweden took the silver Wednesday and Levi Leipheimer of the United States the bronze on the course in the shadow of the Great Wall, northeast of Beijing.
Thirty-nine riders from 29 countries took part in Wednesday's competition.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's USA Hockey Navy Tri-Blend V-Neck T-Shirt