Hellner's kick hands Sweden gold
WHISTLER, British Columbia -- Sweden has won the men's cross-country skiing relay after Marcus Hellner pulled away on the last leg for his second gold medal of the Olympics.
Winter Olympics blog
ESPN and ESPN.com Olympic contributors write about all things Vancouver in ESPN.com's Winter Olympics blog.
Hellner drew past Emmanuel Jonnier of France and Martin Koukal of the Czech Republic on the final lap Wednesday. He also had plenty of time to collect a Swedish flag to wave as he paraded down the final straightaway.
Sweden finished the 4x10-kilometer race in 1 hour, 45 minutes, 5.4 seconds.
Petter Northug of Norway used a furious final leg to win the silver medal for Norway. The Czechs took the bronze.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Russia Hockey Legend Red T-Shirt