Belbin, Weir to share suite
VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- U.S. ice dancer Tanith Belbin will be sharing a suite at the Olympics with men's competitor Johnny Weir.
The longtime friends have their own bedrooms and bathrooms -- Weir arrived first and immediately took the one with a bathtub, to Belbin's chagrin -- but otherwise will be roomies.
Belbin, who won Olympic silver in 2006 with partner Ben Agosto, says she is "thrilled" to room with someone she "grew up together with" in the sport. Weir, fifth in Torino, has promised to make sure everything in the suite smells good.
Noting that "we are both divas," Weir said it was inevitable he and Belbin share housing for their second Olympics.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's USA Hockey Navy Tri-Blend V-Neck T-Shirt