ORLANDO, Fla. The SHOT Show is the biggest trade convention for a hunting and shooting sports market that registered $3.3 billion in sales in 2005. No surprise, the show itself is vast:
• 1.3 million square feet of exhibit hall space
• 656,000 square feet of exhibits
• 40,000 expected attendance
• 1,870 exhibiting companies
• 75 countries represented by buyers, dealers and media
• 29 SHOT Shows since 1979
• 0 SHOT Shows not physically larger than the one before
ESPNOutdoors.com will be covering all four days of the trade show, tracking stories, rooting out features and highlighting the newest, best and most bizarre products.
The result will be a thorough preview of what outdoorsmen will find on store shelves in 2007.