Hornish edges Marco Andretti at last second
INDIANAPOLIS -- This was exactly what Michael and Marco Andretti had talked about: down to the end of the Indy 500, father and son running 1-2.
"A fairy tale," they called it, and they were sure it was coming true Sunday. Sam Hornish Jr. thought so, too.
Then, with one dazzling last-second move, Hornish whipped around the 19-year-old rookie on the final straightaway and won the second-closest Indy ever, by 0.0635 seconds, a little more than a car length.
Michael Andretti, ...
Read full story
• Live leaders. Cockpit views. Get IRL RaceCast
• Results | Standings | Schedule
• SN Chat: Sam Hornish Jr., Mon., 1:15 ET
• Hornish on Mike & Mike
• Oreovicz: Hornish finds speed to nip Andretti
• Watch: Hornish wins ... Memorable 500
• Watch: Andrettis come close again
• Oreovicz: Contenders lament losing
• Davis: Patrick improved | Watch
• Notebook: Debris flies into crowd
• Rovell: Can Patrick avoid being Anna-ized?
• Rosewater: Fisher still making her way back
• Schwarb: Cunningham's daring pass wins
• Rusty Nails It: Marco Andretti real deal
• Marlo Klain's video blog: Marco Andretti
• Comparing an Indy car to a Cup car
• Helyar: Cost of open-wheel split is high
• Helyar: New role model? Meet P.J. Chesson
• SN Chat Wrap: Wade Cunningham
• SN Chat Wrap: Michael Andretti
• SN Chat Wrap: Pole-winner Sam Hornish Jr.
• SN Chat Wrap: Castroneves and Hornish
• SN Chat Wrap: Danica Patrick
• SN Chat Wrap: Buddy Rice