Chase shakeups likely to rattle contenders some more
INDIANAPOLIS -- The suits at NASCAR headquarters in Daytona Beach, Fla., have to be smiling. With five races remaining in the race for the Chase for the Nextel Cup, Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr. are in the top 10.
But whoever is smiling better also have their fingers crossed. Today's positions in the standings aren't likely to be the same next week after Watkins Glen, or the following week after Michigan.
A lot can happen before the final positioning race Sept. 9 ...
Read full story
Allstate 400 at the Brickyard
• Recap | Standings | Results
• The Monday Rundown
• Schwarb: Race for Chase getting hotter
• Fofaria: Johnson wins his dream race
• Schwarb: Kahne's crash bruises standings
• Notebook: Junior unhappy with team again
• Johnson runs away with Brickyard victory
• Fofaria: Kenny Wallace ready to whack back
• Waltrip will miss race for first time since '98
• Notes: Bubble drivers side-by-side on grid
• Teammates Burton, Bowyer take front row
• Ashenfelter: Brickyard is special
• Schwarb: Surging Gordon eyeing fifth win
• Fofaria: Mayfield insists better things ahead
• Fofaria: Junior confident in Chase chances
• Ashenfelter: Relaxed Stewart ready
• PTI: Big Finish -- Brickyard and more
• Parting Shots: Retaliation NASCAR style