Franchitti wins Indianapolis 500
INDIANAPOLIS -- One lap to go, running on empty and someone bearing down on his tail.
After having the dominant car and the perfect game plan, Dario Franchitti still needed more Sunday -- one break to win his second Indianapolis 500.
He got it in the form of a spectacular, airborne crash that brought out a yellow flag and allowed him to cross the line with a scant 1.6 gallons of fuel left.
That 1.6 gallons left him holding a quart of milk, a winner at the Brickyard for ...
Read full story
94TH INDIANAPOLIS 500-MILE RACE
Another Month of May on the track has come and gone, and the venerable Indianapolis Motor Speedway roared to life again. This was the second year of Indy's Centennial Era, with Dario Franchitti winning the 94th running of the Indianapolis 500.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway timeline
Indy 500 Raceday• Blount: Franchitti proves he's truly back home
• Hinton: Ganassi deflects credit ... again
• Oreovicz: Pole promise fizzles for Penske
• Oreovicz: Danica pulls off solid finish
• Recap: Dario dominates | 500 results
• Andretti moves up to third on review
• Conway to hospital after violent crash
• IndyCar Live! Indy 500 rewind on ESPN.com
Columns• Blount: An anticlimactic Indy 500?
• Hinton: It's still the greatest race
• Blount: Helio's drive for four ... and more
• Newton: Hornish respected? Yes and no
• Oreovicz: Ganassi cars lead Carb Day
• Blount: Historic run for Kanaan?
• Hinton: New IRL CEO Bernard has titanic task
• Blount: Danica's time running out?
• Oreovicz: Breaking down the 500 field
• Blount: Indy-Coke double twice the fun
• Oreovicz: Indy not curing Danica's ills
• Oreovicz: Drama returns to Bump Day
• Helio dominates on revived Pole Day
• Oreovicz: Bracing for some Pole Day drama
• McGee: Meira an Indy car cult hero
• Oreovicz: Indy 500 field not set in stone
• Oreovicz: The Indy 500, from A to Z
More IndyCar Live! coverage• IndyCar Live! Bump Day rewind on ESPN.com
• IndyCar Live! Pole Day rewind on ESPN.com
Blogs• Blount: "Push-to-pass" may be key at Indy
• Oreovicz: $5 practice best bargain in town
Practice and qualifying• 94th Indianapolis 500 starting grid
• Danica: Not enough time for needed car fixes
• Kanaan's advice to Danica? Get happy
• Kanaan rebounds from crash to make 500
• Saavedra still in Indy 500 field despite crash
• Helio tops field; Danica 23rd of 24
• Fans react sourly to Danica comments
• Kanaan, Moraes OK after crashes
• Power hits 228 in morning practice »
• Power, Tagliani top Friday speed charts
• Kanaan peels off top time Thursday
• Dixon hits 226 in Tuesday practice
• Castroneves sets pace on first day
• Wheldon OK after Sunday crash
More coverage• Danica's Double 2010: Gearing up for Indy
• 2009 Flashback: Castroneves wins again
• 2008 Flashback: Quiet Dixon makes noise • 2007 Flashback: Franchitti comes up big
• 2006 Flashback: Hornish gets his "Holy Grail"
Indy 500 Video• Dario Franchitti wins Indianapolis 500
• Franchitti storms Indianapolis
• Dario Franchitti back in Victory Lane
• Close but no milk for Helio and Kanaan
• Four for Helio Castroneves?
• No easy blueprint for winning
• The women of Indy
• The sweet life of Danica
• Castroneves: Life in reflection
• Patrick and Wheldon change tires
• Penske on track with Helio, Briscoe
• Danica's focused after rough start
• Franchitti and the Indy 500
• Wild qualifying delivered the drama
• Castroneves wins Indy 500 Pole
• Power ready for the Indy 500