Wisconsin connection took Millard along for the ride
Among his many roles on Roush Fenway Racing's No. 17 team, Todd Millard's biggest impact is as the tire specialist for longtime colleague Matt Kenseth.
They say it's not what you know but who you know that gets you places in this world. In the case of Todd Millard, tire specialist for Roush Fenway Racing's No. 17 Ford, it's both.Millard met the No. 17 car's driver Matt Kenseth when both men were running among the same circles, literally, on the short tracks in Wisconsin. Millard began his 18-year business relationship with Kenseth in 1991, helping Matt with his late model car. He has since followed him up through the ranks, and he helped Kenseth win a Sprint Cup championship along the way. Millard has many roles on the team, including handling seat/interior installations and also windshield duty during the races.
• Sprint Cup team: No. 17 Roush Fenway Racing Ford [driven by Matt Kenseth]
• Age: 43
• Job: Tire specialist
MORE RACING HEADLINES
- Wallace Jr. wins Eldora's Mudsummer Classic
- Elliott holds off Bayne for Nationwide win
- Stewart wins in return to sprint car racing
- Jones docked 10 points following Iowa victory