Fade route from NFL led receiver to NASCAR
Michael Waltrip Racing's front tire changer takes long route from NFL to NASCAR, with a pit stop in the movies.
He's been a Dolphin, a Buccaneer, a Raider, a Seahawk and a Jet. But the uniform Shannon Myers currently wears on Sundays bears the NAPA logo, not the NFL's.
• Sprint Cup team: No. 55 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota [driven by Michael Waltrip]
• Age: 35
• Hometown: Salisbury, N.C.
• Job: Front tire changer
MORE RACING HEADLINES
- Wallace Jr. wins Eldora's Mudsummer Classic
- Elliott holds off Bayne for Nationwide win
- Stewart wins in return to sprint car racing
- Jones docked 10 points following Iowa victory