Keselowski cleared to drive; signed by Earnhardt to finish season
MOORESVILLE, N.C. -- Brad Keselowski has no lingering effects from his frightening accident at California Speedway and was cleared to race this weekend in Richmond.
JR Motorsports then signed the 23-year-old to finish the season in the No. 88 Chevrolet.
Keselowski was in a fiery crash during Saturday night's Busch Series race, and was airlifted to Loma Linda University Medical Center for tests on his head, left ankle and chest. All tests came back negative.
He returned to North Carolina and was re-examined by Dr. Jerry Petty, a neurosurgeon who treats many NASCAR drivers. Following a Tuesday physical, he was cleared to race in Friday night's Busch Series event at Richmond.
"We're all ready to get back to [racing] after the wreck," Keselowski said. "It was a hard hit, but I'm OK."
Keselowski, who was hired in July to run three races for JR Motorsports after Shane Huffman was fired, said he hopes to settle in for the rest of the season and drive the car to a win.
"It's been a fairly busy week, but we were able to finalize everything to keep me in the car for the rest of the season," he said. "We've had some great runs together so far, and I plan to continue that in the last few races."
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press