'Late Show' enlists Chase drivers
David Letterman made an exception for NASCAR on Wednesday night, expanding his Top Ten list to the "Top 12 Reasons I Love Racing" with help from the dozen Chase drivers.
For the first time, David Letterman's Top Ten list was amended on Wednesday night on the "Late Show." Here are Letterman's "Top 12 Reasons I Love Racing," as read on-stage by the 12 NASCAR Nextel Cup drivers who will made the Chase for the Cup:
12. Clint Bowyer: "We've got special mirrors that show objects the size that they actually are."
11. Kevin Harvick: "Sometimes back in the garage there's horseplay with the airhose."
10. Jeff Burton: "Between the G-forces and the fumes, I'm loopy most of the season."
9. Kyle Busch: "Switch the 'R' and the 'C' in 'Racing' and you get 'Caring.' "
7. Martin Truex Jr.: "In a pinch, checkered flags make a lovely tablecloth."
6. Denny Hamilin: "Two more wins and I get to marry Ashley Judd."
5. Kurt Busch: "You can talk to your car and pretend you're David Hasselhoff."
4. Carl Edwards: "How many people can say their 'office' goes 200 miles per hour?"
3. Tony Stewart: "Driving fast and starting fights."
2. Jeff Gordon: "It's not one of those sports you have to inject stuff in your ass to be good."
1. Jimmie Johnson: "Unlike most guys, I like it when my wife says, 'You're too fast.' "
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Angels' Richards suffers 'significant' injury
- Steelers' Bell, Blount set to face pot charges
- In-progress: Rory going for 4th straight
- Sources: Durant offer by UA at least $265M