Chico: 'I'm going to retire at 30'
Diego Corrales, 28, claims he will retire in two years. The lightweight champion prepares for the rematch of his classic bout with Jose Luis Castillo Saturday.
If you're going to sit in on a Diego Corrales workout, you had better clear your schedule for the day. "Chico" works full shifts in the gym.
On sparring days, which are four or five days a week, he'll often go as many as 15 rounds with three or four sparring partners. On non-sparring days, he does at least 25 rounds of bag work and various floor exercises (in addition to his road work and strength and condition training).
Corrales is about as happy-go-lucky a fighter as you'll ...
Read full story
CORRALES-CASTILLO II PACKAGE
• Rafael: Castillo stuns Corrales |Undercard
• Rosenthal: Round-by-round main event
• MaxBoxing: "Bull" Castillo stampedes Corrales
• Rafael: Corrales' 10th-round take | Castillo's
• Santoliquito: Experts predict sequel's outcome
• Rafael: Oddcast review | Preview
• Rafael: Weigh in | Foes are friends | Wife
• MaxTV: Watch the Corrales-Castillo weigh ins
• Rafael: Too soon? | Chat | SportsNation: Vote!
• Boxrec.com: Corrales' record | Castillo
• McCullough: Strategies for Corrales, Castillo
• MaxBoxing: Repeat the script?
• MaxBoxing: Inside Castillo's camp | Corrales
• Fight I photo gallery | Showtime PPV
• ESPN Motion: See Fight I highlights