Bernard Hopkins proved in his first meeting with Jermain Taylor, on July 16, that being nearly 14 years older than your opponent isn't necessarily significant. Hopkins lost a close, controversial decision that led to a rematch tonight in Las Vegas.
In fact, Hopkins, known for his disciplined training regimen, doesn't believe the fact he's 40 and Taylor is 27 is even relevant.
"That doesn't matter any more, it's not an issue," said Hopkins, who had turned 40 while Taylor was 26 when they ...
Read full story
• Rafael: Taylor wins rematch | Undercard
• Taylor-Hopkins' round-by-round | AP
• Oddcast: Review | Preview
• Rafael: Mutual disrespect | A beautiful bind
• Rafael: Larios-Vazquez preview | Notebook
• Rosenthal: May-December bouts
• Mulvaney: Boxers' picks | Rosenthal: 40
• ESPN The Magazine: Team Taylor
• Chat wraps: Rafael | De La Hoya
• Chat wraps: Hopkins | Taylor
• MaxBoxing: Lesson learned? | Merciless
• HBO PPV.com