Complete player -- on and off the court
With Andre Agassi's retirement, ESPN.com asked several of his contemporaries to give their thoughts on what he's meant to the game.
American James Blake was 6 years old when Andre Agassi turned pro in 1986. Twenty years later, Blake is now the highest-ranked American on the ATP Tour (No. 5) and Agassi is currently 37th heading into the final tournament of his career, the U.S. Open. Earlier this year during a visit to ESPN, Blake was asked to give his thoughts on the 36-year-old Agassi, who at the time had yet to announce 2006 was going to be his final year on the tour.
Blake and several other prominent names in the game ...
Read full story
Andre Agassi Retirement Perspective
Last Title: Los Angeles (2005)
Grand Slams: 8
Career W-L: 868-273
• DeSimone: Agassi was the best sound byte
• Career photo gallery
• Garber: Agassi gave until his body gave out
• Agassi's career ends with four-set loss to Becker
• Lorge: Evolution and appreciation of Agassi
• Faulkner: Who is Benjamin Becker?
• Garber: Decision to play on the right one
• DeSimone: Respect and urgency
• Agassi knocks off Baghdatis in second round
• DeSimone: Night of stars capped with win
• Agassi beats Pavel, Baghdatis up next
• Looking for long goodbye
• Big names cede spotlight
• Andre draws Andrei (Pavel) in first round
• DeSimone on the Fab Five
• By the numbers
• Player comments