Baldomir a 'Cinderella Man' of sorts
For 71 years, James J. Braddock was the only fighter known as the "Cinderella Man," but now the former heavyweight champion has worthy company.
After Carlos Baldomir upset Zab Judah in New York -- Judah's hometown -- to win the welterweight world championship in January, Baldomir's handlers at Sycuan Ringside Promotions took to calling him "Cinderella Man," too. A modern-day version, anyway.
The nickname couldn't have fit Baldomir any better than a comfortable ...
Read full story
The Hype Builds
• The weigh-in
• Dan Rafael chat wrap
• Mayweather moves forward without trainer
• Mayweather talks with Brian Kenny
• Mulvaney: Peers offer predictions
• Final press conference
• Baldomir a modern 'Cinderella Man'
• Mayweather chat wrap
• Mayweather states his case
• ESPN The Mag sizes up PBF
• Mayweather on Cold Pizza
• Rafael: Baldomir confident