Street Sense just didn't put Curlin away
Among horse racing circles, the Preakness was barely declared "official" before the debate began.
Did Curlin win because of determination and will to win? Or did Street Sense lose his chance at Triple Crown immortality because of a lack of killer instinct?
The answer is likely a little of both -- and probably more of the latter than the former.
Even before the Kentucky Derby, trainer Carl Nafzger warned that Street Sense tended to "lose focus" if he made the lead too soon in ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
June 9, 2007
• Belmont champ Rags to Riches eyes Travers
• Gomez's loss proves Velazquez's gain
• Pletcher, Velazquez end Triple Crown droughts
• Hard Spun was all done in the Belmont
• Pletcher deserves 'Riches' after Belmont
• Rags to Riches beats Curlin in Belmont
• Street Sense to skip Belmont
• Curlin denies Street Sense in Preakness
• Street Sense wins Kentucky Derby
• Mayne: Racing needs racing
• Finley: What about an encore?
• Cronley: Triple Crown Q&A
• Cronley: My Belmont Day
• Finley: The Belmont horse by horse
• Moss: Street Sense just didn't finish