Serena, Henin move to second round of French Open
PARIS -- Serena Williams struggled through the first set Sunday before a long rain delay allowed her to regroup and dominate Tsvetana Pironkova of Bulgaria 5-7, 6-1, 6-1 on the opening day of the French Open.
The eight-time Grand Slam champion was broken four times in the first set, and again in the opening game of the second, before she found her rhythm and cruised through the remainder of the match.
"I've never gone down in the first round," said Williams, who
won the French ...
Read full story
2007 FRENCH OPEN
May 27-June 10
Women: Justine Henin
Men: Rafael Nadal
• Henin wins third straight title
• DeSimone: Henin's personal journey
• Garber: Third set hard to come by in final
• Top 10 facts about Henin
• Federer-Nadal daily watch
• Making the case for Rafa, Roger
• It's Federer vs. Nadal in French Open final
• Garber: Another record for Roger
• DeSimone: Rafa rolling toward third final
• DeSimone: Ivanovic coach-free for final
• Who will win women's final?