Slow start for Serena nothing new
Serena Williams has never lost in the first round of a Grand Slam event. And, as Bonnie DeSimone writes, Williams wasn't about to exit early at the French Open despite a very sluggish start.
PARIS -- When Serena Williams lost the first set of her first-round match here Sunday after a six-hour rain delay that turned the first day of the French Open into a twi-night doubleheader, it was only natural for onlookers to ponder the big-picture goals at stake: her second title in the event and a possible calendar sweep of the Grand Slam events.
Williams, however, was thinking about the foundation of her house, not the roof. She came into Roland Garros with a remarkable 29-0 record in ...
Read full story
2007 FRENCH OPEN
May 27-June 10
Women: Justine Henin
Men: Rafael Nadal
• Henin wins third straight title
• DeSimone: Henin's personal journey
• Garber: Third set hard to come by in final
• Top 10 facts about Henin
• Federer-Nadal daily watch
• Making the case for Rafa, Roger
• It's Federer vs. Nadal in French Open final
• Garber: Another record for Roger
• DeSimone: Rafa rolling toward third final
• DeSimone: Ivanovic coach-free for final
• Who will win women's final?