Americans who enjoy getting down and dirty
While American men annually struggle on the red clay at Roland Garros in the singles draw, the Bryan brothers manage to prosper on the terre battue.
PARIS -- Where other American players see quicksand, Bob and Mike Bryan see paydirt.
The 29-year-old twins have captured championships on clay this season in Houston, Monte Carlo and Hamburg. With six titles total in 2007, they've reclaimed the top spot in the ATP doubles standings they held all of last year and are cruising through the best season of their career.
Having hit for the Grand Slam cycle -- they've won all four, and repeated in Australia this year ...
Read full story
2007 FRENCH OPEN
May 27-June 10
Women: Justine Henin
Men: Rafael Nadal
• Henin wins third straight title
• DeSimone: Henin's personal journey
• Garber: Third set hard to come by in final
• Top 10 facts about Henin
• Federer-Nadal daily watch
• Making the case for Rafa, Roger
• It's Federer vs. Nadal in French Open final
• Garber: Another record for Roger
• DeSimone: Rafa rolling toward third final
• DeSimone: Ivanovic coach-free for final
• Who will win women's final?