Canas will run all day on (and off) the court
Guillermo Canas won't ever yield a point on the tennis court. And, as Bonnie DeSimone writes, the 29-year-old Argentine has no plans of giving up in a different court in an attempt to "clean" his name.
PARIS -- Guillermo Canas has built a career, and now a comeback, on tirelessly running down any ball in his zip code. He makes every shot about the journey as well as the destination, routinely letting out a small, gasping groan of effort on his way to the ball and another one when he strikes it.
Yet for all his superb conditioning, Canas is aware there is one thing he'll never completely outrun. Every time he wins -- and he did it again Sunday, dominating fellow Argentine Juan Monaco in ...
Read full story
2007 FRENCH OPEN
May 27-June 10
Women: Justine Henin
Men: Rafael Nadal
• Henin wins third straight title
• DeSimone: Henin's personal journey
• Garber: Third set hard to come by in final
• Top 10 facts about Henin
• Federer-Nadal daily watch
• Making the case for Rafa, Roger
• It's Federer vs. Nadal in French Open final
• Garber: Another record for Roger
• DeSimone: Rafa rolling toward third final
• DeSimone: Ivanovic coach-free for final
• Who will win women's final?