Rafa getting stronger as French reaches final
Rafa and Roger will meet for the second straight year in the French Open final; however, while Federer battled for three hours on Friday, Nadal got better as his match went longer.
PARIS -- One could argue that the most revealing statistic in Friday's French Open semifinal between Spain's Rafael Nadal and Serbia's Novak Djokovic was also the most straightforward statistic: time.
First set: 66 minutes. 7-5.
Second set: 48 minutes. 6-4.
Third set: 34 minutes. 6-2.
Conclusion: It seldom pays to get in the way of the inevitable.
Djokovic's debut in a Grand Slam final four came in a match where he was least likely to succeed, given his opponent. The advantage ...
Read full story
2007 FRENCH OPEN
May 27-June 10
Women: Justine Henin
Men: Rafael Nadal
• Henin wins third straight title
• DeSimone: Henin's personal journey
• Garber: Third set hard to come by in final
• Top 10 facts about Henin
• Federer-Nadal daily watch
• Making the case for Rafa, Roger
• It's Federer vs. Nadal in French Open final
• Garber: Another record for Roger
• DeSimone: Rafa rolling toward third final
• DeSimone: Ivanovic coach-free for final
• Who will win women's final?