Square Eddie pulls out of Derby
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Square Eddie has re-aggravated a cannon bone injury and will not run in Saturday's 135th Kentucky Derby, trainer Doug O'Neill said early Tuesday morning.
"He's got heat in the shin," O'Neill said shortly after 6 a.m. Tuesday. "We x-rayed it, and it looks good, but the heat is the first sign of some activity. He's going to be fine. He was hiccup-free until yesterday. That shin had been cold since early March. It's terrible timing."
Square Eddie suffered a minor cannon ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
Belmont Park • June 6 • ABC 5 p.m. ET
More Triple Crown
• Summer Bird upsets Belmont | Gallery
• Mine That Bird 2-1 favorite at Belmont
• Borel: 'We're going to win it'
• Mine That Bird turns in 'perfect' work
• Rachel Alexandra poses for Vogue
• Summer Bird puts in sharp work
• Desormeaux takes another shot
• 'Rachel' wins 134th Preakness Stakes
• Mine That Bird upsets Derby | Gallery
• Rachel Alexandra dominates Oaks | Gallery
• NTRA.com: Ky. Derby | Preakness | Belmont
• Summer Bird takes Belmont Stakes
• Borel denied | Desormeaux elated
• Cronley: State of the Union
• Novak: Birds of a feather
• Moran: Belmont tests champions, humility
• Forde: Borel's star rising | Questionable move
• Novak: Easy to fall in love with racing
• Cronley: Belmont Q&A from the e-mail circuit
• Novak: Summer Bird ready to fly | Pressure
• Plonk: Hall of Fame calls Calvin
• Jay Hovdey blog