Running backs preview
Adrian Peterson is No. 1, but the next six or seven is where it gets dicey
How many true No. 1 rushers are left in the NFL? Go ahead and count. I'll wait.
When I wrote this positional preview in advance of the 2008 season, I mentioned that 300-carry backs were on the decline. I commented that 2007 saw just six 300-carry backs, the fewest since 1999. Well, guess what happened in '08? Only five rushers eclipsed 300 carries, the fewest since 1993: Michael Turner, Adrian Peterson, Clinton Portis, Matt Forte and Ryan Grant. Just as interesting is the fact that ...
Read full story
2009 Football Draft Kit
ESPN.com's fantasy experts offer all the information you'll need to succeed in your draft this year.
Draft Kit Home
• Top 200 | Cheat Sheet (PDF)
• Quarterback: Rankings | Preview
• Running back: Rankings | Preview
• Wide receiver: Rankings | Preview
• Tight end: Rankings | Preview
• Team defense: Rankings | Preview
• Kicker: Rankings | Preview
• IDP: Rankings | Primer
• Other formats: PPR | 2-QB | TD-Only
Talented Mr. Roto
• 2009 sleepers and busts
• 2009 sleepers and busts, Version 2
• Late risers and fallers in drafts
• 10 (deep sleeper) names to know
• IDP (individual defensive players) sleepers
• Michael Turner and the "Curse of 370"
• What's the ideal draft slot?
• Can we predict kicker performance?
• Impact fantasy players on new teams