Pletcher plans to enter 'Devil' in Derby
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A day after announcing that Kentucky Derby favorite Eskendereya was out of the race with an injury, trainer Todd Pletcher said star filly Devil May Care was likely to run for the roses Saturday instead of contesting the fillies-only Kentucky Oaks on Friday.
"Right now I believe we're going to enter Devil May Care in the Derby," Pletcher said.
A final decision is expected Tuesday, the deadline for entry into the Oaks. Only an unforeseen development would keep ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch