Heavy rain turns Derby track into mess
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Get ready for the Trudge for the Roses.
Rain pummeled Churchill Downs early Saturday, turning the historic track into a soggy mess for the Kentucky Derby, the latest wild card in a week full of them.
Heavy rains postponed early morning workouts Saturday, but all 20 Kentucky Derby horses were still expected to start. Trainers opted to trot their Derby hopefuls inside their barns instead.
More than an inch fell by noon ET, and the National Weather Service says ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch