Super Saver to race in Preakness
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Calvin Borel boldly predicted he's going to win the Triple Crown after Super Saver sloshed to a 2½-length victory in the Kentucky Derby.
Ever-cautious trainer Todd Pletcher sure likes the rail-hugging rider's confidence.
"I don't think I've ever had a jockey come to the paddock more focused," he said Sunday. "I would equate it to someone coming out for a heavyweight fight. He was so in the zone and pumped up. Didn't have much to say, but you could just see the ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch