Baffert's leap sets up Lucky's victory
BALTIMORE -- At 6:54 p.m. last Monday, Lookin At Lucky trainer Bob Baffert sent a text to his brother, Bill:
"We're going to win the Preakness."
That was a remarkably confident declaration coming just nine days after the colt's dispiriting sixth-place finish in the Kentucky Derby. But Baffert believed in hard-luck Lucky, an accomplished horse whose 3-year-old campaign had been compromised by trouble-filled races. And Baffert believed in the scantly known former deli ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch