Reach for the stars
Taking risks on draft day can be difference between being competitive and winning it all
Like Texas Hold 'Em, building a fantasy team is mostly a matter of playing the odds. In Hold 'Em, you can follow the traditional conservative standard and play only the safe, high-odds hands (e.g., pocket pairs). However, the top young pros also love to get creative with risky hands like suited connectors (e.g., 6-7 of hearts), because they can manage the risk and when the hands hit, they win big.
In fantasy, you can also be conservative and draft only high-odds, "reliable" players ...
Read full story
2011 Basketball Draft Kit
ESPN.com's fantasy experts offer all the information you'll need to succeed in your draft this year.
Draft Kit Home
Get in the Game
2010-11 Projections and Profiles
Strategy and Analysis
• Players to target in turnover leagues
• McKitish's Love/Hate for '10-11
• Sleepers/Busts for '10-11
• McKitish's Draft-Day Manifesto
• Mock draft analysis: Oct. 15 | Sept. 23
• Offseason movement analysis
• Rookies to watch in 2010-11
• Potential fluke players revealed
• Risk-taking draft approach
• Auction draft strategy
• Draft strategy: Tips for building a winner
• Head-to-head versus roto strategy
• Intro to fantasy basketball