Nick Zito rests hopes on Dialed In
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- There is a palpable affection that trainer Nick Zito has for his colt Dialed In, who is the morning-line favorite for the 137th Kentucky Derby on Saturday at Churchill Downs, and it came bursting forth following his victory in the Florida Derby, with Zito on the verge of tears.
"I get kind of emotional, and I got emotional after the Florida Derby because this horse reminds me of Strike the Gold, and that's who put us in this situation," Zito said. "We've ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch