NEW YORK -- The Kentucky Derby's television ratings are the highest in 17 years.
NBC says Saturday's coverage of 50-1 long shot Mine That Bird's win drew a 10.2 overnight rating and 22 share. That's up 7 percent from last year's 9.5/21.
It's the highest overnight rating since Lil E Tee won in 1992.
The rating is the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program, while the share is the percentage of all TVs in use at the time. Overnight ratings measure the nation's largest markets.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE HORSE RACING HEADLINES
- Honor Code breezes for Wednesday's debut
- Game On Dude gets record third Big 'Cap
- Top Billing off Derby trail with Cracked cannon
- California Chrome shines in G2 San Felipe
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE TRIPLE CROWN
Belmont Park • June 6 • ABC 5 p.m. ET
More Triple Crown
• Summer Bird upsets Belmont | Gallery
• Mine That Bird 2-1 favorite at Belmont
• Borel: 'We're going to win it'
• Mine That Bird turns in 'perfect' work
• Rachel Alexandra poses for Vogue
• Summer Bird puts in sharp work
• Desormeaux takes another shot
• 'Rachel' wins 134th Preakness Stakes
• Mine That Bird upsets Derby | Gallery
• Rachel Alexandra dominates Oaks | Gallery
• NTRA.com: Ky. Derby | Preakness | Belmont
• Summer Bird takes Belmont Stakes
• Borel denied | Desormeaux elated
• Cronley: State of the Union
• Novak: Birds of a feather
• Moran: Belmont tests champions, humility
• Forde: Borel's star rising | Questionable move
• Novak: Easy to fall in love with racing
• Cronley: Belmont Q&A from the e-mail circuit
• Novak: Summer Bird ready to fly | Pressure
• Plonk: Hall of Fame calls Calvin
• Jay Hovdey blog