SportsNation Blog Archives Chone Figgins
Sid Bream, Aaron Boone and Dave Roberts will attest that it's not always the biggest names who make the plays that get teams to the World Series. But it doesn't hurt to have the big guns on your side. The bad news is SportsNation's picks for the NL MVP (Albert Pujols), AL MVP (Joe Mauer), NL Cy Young (Tim Lincecum) and AL CY Young (Zack Greinke) are all home watching on television. At least we've still got one of the Molina brothers.
Colin Cowherd and Michelle Beadle are looking for your rankings on the best remaining players for Thursday's "SportsNation" (ESPN2. 4 p.m. and midnight ET), but voters have already made it known who they would least want to face with the game on the line.
WHO DO YOU FEAR IN THE CLUTCH?
|V. Guerrero, 39 pct.||D. Jeter, 40 pct.||M. Ramirez, 60 pct.||R. Howard, 47 pct.|
|T. Hunter, 29 pct.||A. Rodriguez, 30 pct.||A. Ethier, 29 pct.||C. Utley, 27 pct.|
|B. Abreu, 16 pct.||M. Teixeria, 22 pct.||M. Kemp, 12 pct.||J. Rollins, 10 pct.|
|K. Morales, 8 pct.||J. Damon, 4 pct.||--||J. Werth, 9 pct.|
|C. Figgins, 7 pct.||J. Posada, 4 pct.||--||R. Ibanez, 6 pct.|
Remember back when CC Sabathia was a postseason question mark, and Alex Rodriguez was the postseason answer you knew you didn't want? In other words, remember last week? Now people can't get enough of the Yankees' latest primetime playoff performers.
Sabathia had allowed 22 earned runs and 22 walks in his first 25 postseason innings. But after a strong outing against the Twins in the division series, he now edges out Philadelphia's Cliff Lee as SportsNation's first choice to start a must-win game.
And after driving in 17 runs in his first 39 postseason games, A-Rod drove in six in three games against the Twins. But with the game on the line in the ninth inning, would you rather have Rodriguez at the plate than Derek Jeter?
This is the right move. With the 3 off days it only makes CC pitch on short rest once that is game 4, and it makes the bullpen deeper. Starters only need to go 6 innings. Joba 7th, Hughes 8th, Mo 9th game over.” -- con1030
Jeter in the regular season: .317/.388./459. Jeter in the post season: .311/.380/.477. So no, Jeter isn't "clutch", he's just a damn good player.” -- yanks23242
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:40 AMUFC's Chris Weidman
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 2:00 PMNHL with Pierre LeBrun
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 2:00 PMFootball Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Adelson
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB