SportsNation Blog Archives Raffi Torres
It seems that we can't go one game without a scary, controversial hit in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Marian Hossa was the recipient of one such hit from Marian Hossa on Tuesday night -- a hit so painful that it sent him to the hospital, although he was released Wednesday. Hitting has been a part of hockey for ages, but with the recent spate of crushing hits in high-profile games, might there be a change in the sport's future?
Dirty or clean?
Raffi Torres expressed sympathy for Marian Hossa after hitting him but maintained the hit was clean.
A fan of hitting?
This year's Stanley Cup playoffs have been full of crushing hits and brutal fights.
The NHL has made player safety a priority in recent years. Is the league doing enough, or are its new rules stifling the game?
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 12:00 PMNFL with Matt Williamson
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Ivan Maisel
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMNCAA FB with Kevin Gemmell
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 3:00 PMFantasy's Chris Harris
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Chatmon
- 4:00 PMNFL columnist Ashley Fox
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz
- 11:00 AMFantasy Sports' AJ Mass
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:40 AMUFC's Chris Weidman
- 12:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 12:00 PMNCAA FB with Rittenberg
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 1:00 PMNCAA FB with Chris Low
- 2:00 PMNHL with Pierre LeBrun
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 2:00 PMFootball Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNCAA FB with Ted Miller
- 4:00 PMNCAA FB with Adelson
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB