SportsNation Blog Archives Tampa Bay Lightning
Is Steven Stamkos a computer? The obvious answer is: No! Of course not. He's a human being who spends his time breaking things with his ridiculous slap shot and scoring more than 200 goals in his NHL career. The only reason we ask is that Stamkos apparently has a photographic memory when it comes to those goals:
We're not saying Stamkos is a computer. We're not saying that at all. We're just saying he might be half-computer. Like some kind of awesome cyborg. We can't even remember what we had for lunch yesterday.
NHL playoff predictions?
The first round of the NHL playoffs is well underway, with some series over and others staying close to the end. What are your predictions?
Big moves made at NHL deadline
The 2014 NHL trade deadline was reliably active, with a number of deals going down not long before the 3 p.m. ET cutoff. Among the biggest: The Montreal Canadiens acquired left wing Thomas Vanek from the New York Islanders; the Los Angeles Kings grabbed right wing Marian Gaborik from the Columbus Blue Jackets; and, in a deal involving two potentially playoff-bound parties, the New York Rangers acquired right wing Martin St. Louis -- who had requested a trade -- and sent right wing Ryan Callahan and two high draft picks to the Tampa Bay Lightning. Which was the biggest deal? Which team will fare best down the stretch? Who wins it all?
We can understand if you don't want to take the time to grade your tech-support help on the other end of the telephone, but when we're talking about the dollars and emotion you've invested in sports, we think it's worth the effort. It's time for ESPN The Magazine's Ultimate Standings, in which SportsNation grades organizations on everything from ticket prices and stadium experience to the talent on the field, court or rink. Which team will end up on top this year? It depends on what you say.
Take part in the 2011 MLB survey
2010 MLB Ultimate Standings
1. Los Angeles Angels (Overall: No. 3)
2. Tampa Bay Rays (Overall: No. 6)
3. Colorado Rockies (Overall: No. 13)
4. Minnesota Twins (Overall: No. 14)
5. Atlanta Braves (Overall: No. 15)
Take part in the 2011 NFL survey
2010 NFL Ultimate Standings
1. New Orleans Saints (Overall: No. 1)
2. Indianapolis Colts (Overall: No. 4)
3. Green Bay Packers (Overall: No. 9)
4. Arizona Cardinals (Overall: No. 19)
5. Baltimore Ravens (Overall: No. 20)
Take part in the 2011 NBA survey
2010 NBA Ultimate Standings
1. Orlando Magic (Overall: No. 2)
2. San Antonio Spurs (Overall: No. 7)
3. Cleveland Cavaliers (Overall: No. 10)
4. Dallas Mavericks (Overall: No. 24)
5. Oklahoma City Thunder (Overall: No. 25)
Take part in the 2011 NHL survey
2010 NHL Ultimate Standings
1. Pittsburgh Penguins (Overall: No. 5)
2. Detroit Red Wings (Overall: No. 8)
3. Washington Capitals (Overall: No. 11)
4. San Jose Sharks (Overall: No. 12)
5. Chicago Blackhawks (Overall: No. 16)