SportsNation Blog Archives Spain
Euro 2012 is down to its final four teams, with Italy beating England on (surprise, surprise, and a bit of heartbreak for the English) penalty kicks. The teams remaining aren't a surprise at all; Cristiano Ronaldo looks to lead Portugal to an upset victory over spain, while Andrea Pirlo and Italy seek to derail Germany's seemingly inevitable quest for a European championship. How do you see it all playing out?
Germany vs. Italy?
Andrea Pirlo and Italy needed extra time to beat England, while Germany took care of business easily against Greece.
Portugal vs. Spain?
Cristiano Ronaldo has been a whirlwind of activity at Euro 2012, but is he good enough to beat Spain?
Which team wins it all?
Spain is still the team to beat at Euro 2012, but will it repeat as champion?
The Euro 2012 soccer tournament is here! Sixteen of Europe's best national teams square off in a monthlong event to crown the continent's next champion. The European Championship is viewed by many experts and players as the most difficult soccer tournament in the world, due to the high quality of all the contending teams. As the group stage gets under way, we're asking SportsNation to make its predictions!
Is Spain the favorite?
Spain is looking to repeat as European champions, something no national side has accomplished since the tournament began in 1960.
The young gun
Much is expected out of young German playmaker Mesut Ozil, who had a breakout performance at the 2010 World Cup.
England has a history of disappointing its fans on the international stage. Will the trend continue in Poland and Ukraine?
Portugal may not be one of the favorites in the tournament, but it does have one of the best players in the world in Cristiano Ronaldo.
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 1:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 2:00 PMNFL Draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMNASCAR with Ryan McGee
- 2:30 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNHL with Barry Melrose
- 4:00 PMNFL Insider KC Joyner
- 12:00 PMBoxing with Dan Rafael
- 12:00 PMNHL with Pierre LeBrun
- 1:00 PMRichard Durrett on Rangers
- 1:00 PMRams with Nick Wagoner
- 1:00 PMNCAA BB 'Giant Killers'
- 2:00 PMBulls with Nick Friedell
- 2:00 PMRavens with Hensley
- 2:00 PMBracketologist Joe Lunardi
- 2:15 PMGolf analyst Andy North
- 3:00 PMJaguars with Mike DiRocco
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Kevin Pelton
BEST OF THE BEST
Which fans were better dancers at Tuesday night's Alabama/Kentucky matchup? Vote! »