Fan preview: White Sox
More than 6,000 people who have registered with ESPN.com indicate they are White Sox fans (11,000 fewer than the Cubbies). Below are some of their predictions and thoughts about the upcoming season.
Click on the fan's name or message board thread title to read the full entry and to respond.
The race will be between Detroit and Cleveland again. Detroit bolstered their already obscene lineup by adding Miguel Cabrera and their pitching staff with Dontrelle Willis. Minnesota lost Torii Hunter and Johan Santana, but their lineup is still respectable with Joe Mauer there. The White Sox will be around .500.
Anyone who thinks the Twins and White Sox are out of this already is probably right, but they are still good enough to throw a wrench into this division. Both of those teams will have enough talent to get a decent win streak going and if it happens at the right time could cost either Detroit or Cleveland the division.
Barry Bonds is going to an American League as a DH and will launch 37 HR, 117 RBI.
Your entry could be added to the 2008 preview. Read all the Major League Baseball preview stories.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Freshman Parker leaving Duke to enter draft
- Hernandez associate accused of lying to feds
- Mankato players refuse to practice for old coach
- Kobe takes next starring role in documentary
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy MLB's AJ Mass
- 12:00 PMPatriots with Mike Reiss
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 2:00 PMNFL draft Insider Mel Kiper
- 2:00 PMMechelle Voepel on WNBA
- 3:00 PM'Hawks with Scott Powers
- 3:00 PMNBA Insider Amin Elhassan
- 3:00 PMNFL Insider Mike Sando
- 3:00 PMNHL with Scott Burnside
- 4:00 PMTitans with Paul Kuharsky
- 4:00 PMKC Joyner on Fantasy FB