Fan preview: Cubs
More than 17,500 people who have registered with ESPN.com indicate they are Cubs fans (the most of any team in the NL Central). Below are some of their predictions and thoughts about the upcoming season.
Click on the fan's name or message board thread title to read the full entry and to respond.
World Series: Red Sox at Cubs (Yes the NL will win the All-Star Game in New York ...) Prediction: Cubs, Cubs, Cubs, 4-3. Holy Cow! as Harry Caray would say. They are going nuts here at Wrigley Field. You can wave the W flag all across Chicago.
I'd like to say the Brewers can make things interesting for the Cubs again, but I can't see that happening. I think Cubs run away with this division even if they finish only as the fifth best team in the NL.
Cubs 95-67. World Series Champs. Zambrano beats out Webb, Peavy and Santana for Cy Young.
1. New York Mets
2. Arizona Diamondbacks
3. Chicago Cubs
4. San Diego Padres
5. Los Angeles Dodgers
Win NL pennant: emakar13
Assuming perfect health, and no other teams overachieve, the Cubs probably do have the best roster overall, but it's not by much, and if one or two of their glass All-Stars (Wood, Soriano, Lee) go down, they're gonna be in real bad shape.
Your entry could be added to the 2008 preview. Read all the Major League Baseball preview stories.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- Seahawks' Lynch starts holdout over contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
"SportsNation" on ESPN2!
Tickets To SportsNation
SportsNation on Facebook
THIS WEEK'S CHATS
- 11:00 AMFantasy's Eric Karabell
- 11:00 AMBig 12 Coaches Chat
- 12:00 PMCowboys with Todd Archer
- 1:00 PMCubs with Jesse Rogers
- 1:00 PMMLB Insider Keith Law
- 2:00 PMNASCAR's Brad Keselowski
- 2:00 PM49ers with Bill Williamson
- 3:00 PMGolf columnist Bob Harig
- 3:00 PMBoxing with Brian Campbell
- 5:00 PMWeAreSC's Garry Paskwietz