WNBA hands down suspensions for Shock-Sparks skirmish
The WNBA punished so many players for their roles in this week's skirmish that the league is staggering the suspensions by alphabetical order.
"None of us can recall an incident like this," WNBA president Donna Orender said Thursday during a conference call.
The league suspended Detroit assistant coach Rick Mahorn and 10 players following the dustup between the Shock and the visiting Los Angeles Sparks on Tuesday.
Shock forward Plenette Pierson was suspended for four games, the ...
Read full story
Analysis• Voepel: Sparks' suspensions too light
• Voepel: Personalities involved a volatile mix
• Hill: Female athletes lose tempers, too
News• WNBA hands down suspensions
• WNBA reviewing Sparks-Shock scuffle
• Detroit's Ford out for season with torn ACL
• L.A. edges Shock after bench-clearing ending
Video• Leslie: 'A physical game from start to finish'
• Scuffle mars end of Sparks' victory
• Postgame comments from Laimbeer, Mahorn