Leslie looks forward to retirement
What's next? Family time and maybe a basketball academy and broadcasting career
Editor's note: This column was originally published Sept. 15, before the WNBA playoffs opened. Since, Los Angeles eliminated Seattle in the opening round, and now trails Phoenix 1-0 in the Western Conference finals.
Maybe someday soon, you'll see Lisa Leslie on a ski slope. Or perhaps she'll race by you on Rollerblades. Who knows, she might even zoom by on a skateboard.
"So many times, I'll go on vacation, and I can't do much," Leslie said. "Because I can't risk getting ...
Read full story
Phoenix beat Indiana 94-86 Friday in Game 5 to win its second WNBA title in three years. Diana Taurasi was named Finals MVP.
WNBA Finals• Voepel: Phoenix, Finals even better in '09
• Voepel: Taurasi's season ends on high note
• Voepel: Catchings' hoop dream on hold again
• Blog: Pondexter worthy of MVP consideration
• Voepel: Finals redefining "fall classic"
• Voepel: Pondexter focused on helping others
• Voepel: Merc accomplish mission in Game 4
• Voepel: Smith helps lift Mercury
• Voepel: Pressure doesn't put off Taurasi
• Voepel: Strong start a must for Phoenix
• Voepel: Finals feature Aussie influence
• Voepel: Time to put head-butt behind us
• Voepel: Hard work pays off for Hoffman
• Voepel: January is postseason's top rookie
• Voepel: Fever win Game 3 in final seconds
• Voepel: 3-point struggles hurt Mercury most
• Voepel: Indy is where the heart is for Douglas
• Voepel: Fever know Taurasi will turn it around
• Voepel: Taylor plans to play in Game 3
• Voepel: Could Game 2 be played even faster?
• Voepel: Rookies make big impact at Finals
• Voepel: Taurasi won't re-watch instant classic
• Voepel: Game 1 a great start to Finals
• Voepel: "I let my team down," Catchings says
• Game 1: By the numbers
• Voepel: Taurasi finds healing in hoops
• Voepel: Point guards play pivotal roles
• Voepel: X's and O's finals breakdown
• Voepel: Depth (not stars) leads Merc, Fever
Video• Mercury win 94-86 for second WNBA title
• Mercury's 90-77 win forces Game 5
• Indiana takes 2-1 lead with 86-85 victory
• Fever even series with 93-84 Game 2 win
• Phoenix tops Fever in OT, 120-116
Lisa Leslie• Voepel: Leslie retires with no regrets
• Voepel: Business as usual for Leslie, Sparks
• Voepel: Leslie looks forward to retirement
Results• Complete schedule