Expect drama from Mercury-Storm
Seattle's regular-season success against Phoenix might not hold in West finals
Now that we've dispatched with the formality of the first round of the WNBA's Western Conference playoffs, we can get right to looking at the showdown everyone's anticipated: Seattle versus Phoenix. Each finished 2-0 series sweeps Saturday in games that went as expected and will meet Thursday in Seattle for the opener of the best-of-three West finals.
Wait, you say, how about a few words for our departing participants? OK, sure, they deserve that much. Congratulations to Los Angeles ...
Read full story
WNBA Finals• Voepel: Second title even sweeter for Storm
• Voepel: Storm's Cash is money on 3-pointers
• Voepel: Millers making most of Dream reunion
• Voepel: Can Dream avoid sweep in Finals?
• WNBA Finals Live: Game 3
• Voepel: Jackson leads Storm to 2-0 start
• Voepel: Atlanta will stick to game plan
• WNBA Finals Live, Game 2
• Voepel: Bird does it again to lift Seattle
• Voepel: Little comes up big for Storm
• Voepel: Can Atlanta's lineup solve Seattle?
• Voepel: Wright complements Bird in backcourt
• WNBA Finals Live: Game 1
• Voepel: Cash helps carry Storm to finals
• Voepel: Bales back, in best shape of career
• Voepel: Head-to-head finals breakdown
• Voepel: Athletic Atlanta to test Storm
Video• Storm win franchise's second WNBA title
• Seattle takes 2-0 lead with 87-84 win
• Monday's player interviews from KeyArena
• Carolyn Peck breaks down Seattle's 79-77 win
• Saturday's player interviews from KeyArena
Results• Complete schedule